An Employee owned company dedicated to outstanding care in Middleton, Halifax, Newcastle and Teesside.

Open 24/7

Complaints Procedure

We always aim to provide a high standard of care in all our services. Our service user’s views are very important to us and help us ensure our services are consistently meeting people’s needs. If you are unhappy with any of our services it is important that you let us know.

Calderdale Homecare LTD aims to handle complaints quickly, effectively and in a fair and honest way. We take all complaints seriously and use valuable information from investigating to help us improve the service we provide. We treat all complaints in confidence.

If you have a complaint about the service please contact the Registered Manager:

Mrs Deborah Murray

2 The Old Court House, Halifax HX1 2DL

01422 345 873

Mrs Janet Cameron

56-58 Long Street
Middleton M24 6UQ

0161 637 0590

Mr Ed Robson

Suite 10, John Buddle Work Village, Newcastle NE4 8AW

0191 226 7960

Mr Gavin Hobson

Room 6, Gloucester House, Stockton-on-Tees TS18 1TW

07950 878 123

The registered manager may ask one of the management team to investigate a complaint. That person will have the seniority and experience to deal with the issues raised by the complaint. We will acknowledge a complaint within 3 working days and give you the name and contact details of the person investigating it. 

We will keep you informed about the progress of the investigation. We aim to have all complaints finished within 15 working days unless we agree a different timescale with you. 

If you feel that your complaint has not been dealt with, you have further options:


Respective Local Authority:

Calderdale Council

Complaints and Compliments Unit
19 Horton Street
Halifax HX1 1QE

Tel: 01422 392279

If your care is funded by health you can contact the Clinical Commissioning Group at:

Broad Lea House
Ground Floor
Bradley Business Park Dyson Wood Way, Bradley, Huddersfield


Respective Local Authority:

Adult Care Services

Number One Riverside
Smith Street
Rochdale OL16 1XU

Tel: 01706 647474    

If your care is funded by health you can contact the Clinical Commissioning Group at:

NHS Heywood, Middleton & Rochdale CCG
3Rd Floor, Number One Riverside, Smith Street, Rochdale,
OL16 1XU

Tel no: 01706 652853


Respective Local Authority:

Adult Social Care and Integrated Services Directorate

Civic Centre, 4th Floor, Barra’s Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8QH

Tel no: 0191 211 6001

If your care is funded by health you can contact the Clinical Commissioning Group at:

Newcastle Gateshead CCG,

3rd Floor Ridley House, Henry Street, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 1DQ

Tel no: 0191 2236519

Once your complaint has been fully dealt with by Calderdale Home Care Limited and you are not satisfied with the outcome you can refer your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGO) and ask for it to be reviewed.

The LGO provides a free, independent service.

The LGO can be contacted for information and advice, or to register your complaint:

T: 0300 061 0614

The LGO will not usually investigate a complaint until the provider has had an opportunity to respond and resolve matters.

Our service is registered with and regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).

The CQC cannot get involved in individual complaints about providers but is happy to receive information about our services at any time. You can contact the CQC at:

Care Quality Commission (CQC)
National Correspondence
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA
Tel: 03000 616161